Since photography should be affordable for everybody, we are very proud to introduce our Low-income Wedding Special. Within the hired time, we will take as many photos as possible. The photos will be uploaded to our portal.
For C$250, you will be entitled to the following:
- Two hours of coverage with two photographers.
- All the edited photos, developed in medium resolution (ideal for social media, from 1600 to 2048 pixels on its widest edge).
- Portrait session (if time allows it)
Here is the catch, to qualify you must show proof of income. Read below to know how.
Questions and Answers about this Deal
- May I see your work?
Yes! We see weddings as social events with portraits (regardless of the importance of the event). Because of these, we are showing the following portfolio links:
General Social Events
Our work is here (including past weddings and marriage anniversaries; please ask us for the password if you want to see a specific one). You can also visit our youtube channel (where we include some of the videos we had made public).
- Is there a down payment?
Yes, we will ask you for a $100 non-refundable deposit to secure your date.
- Will we sign a contract?
We usually do not provide a contract, as when there is no contract we always give more than expected. However, if you want to sign a contract, we will bring one to you where we will specify everything.
- When should I pay the rest?
If there is no contract, we will ask for the following: at least 50% (or downpayment, which is greater) of the total amount should be covered before we start, and the rest when we deliver the photos/video. If there is a contract, all will be specified there.
- How long is the turnaround?
Because a wedding usually has more than 200 photos, it will be around two weeks (maybe less). If you are planning a Honey Moon trip, we will do our best to have them ready when you are back.
- What kind of photos are covered in this deal?
This deal is meant for weddings; with this in mind, the following are covered:
- The ceremony: we will photograph everything we can during the ceremony. We will focus on the couple.
- Portrait session (if time allows it): it can take place before or after the ceremony (as requested). We will take portraits of the couple with all the guests (by family, by relationship, by gender, etc).
- The party (if time allows it): we will blend with the guest and we will take photos of the couple and friends celebrating the newlyweds.
- Where will the photoshoot be?
In one location only. Generally where the ceremony will take place.
- I don't live in Cornwall. May I still get this deal?
Yes, of course, if you live within 30 km of Cornwall. If you are out of this area, we will ask for a travel fee, it is up to us to decide whether to go or not (depending on the distance), but once we say yes, we will be there for sure.
- What is the low-income condition and how do I prove it?
If you and your partner had a combined income lower than $35,000 annually, you qualify for this special. We will require proof of income document from your last tax filing to the CRA (last year if before May 1st, or current year if it is May 1st or after). This document is free and it can be obtained by logging into your myCRA account. The details of how to obtain are here https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/a-proof-income-statement-option-print.html and here https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/cra-arc/migration/cra-arc/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/psc-eng.pdf. We will require this document for both of you with an ID of course.
If you are not able to provide this document for both of you, you won't qualify for this special.
If your combined income (the sum) is more than $35,000 you don't qualify for this special. But you can qualify for another Wedding special we have.
If you are not comfortable sending this document through email, we can meet in person. We only want to see that you qualify, that's all.
- What happens if I need more time?
Extra time will be billed at the rate of $85/hr. Billing is for full hours only.
We are not usually clock-watchers. If you need 15 mins more, that would be on us. As we said before, if there is no contract, we always try to give more than requested.
- Do photos come right from the Camera?
No, all photos are subject to a post-production process.
- What are the benefits of getting photos post-processed?
Depending on the photo, we can enhance it. Some of the things we do (when it applies) are:
- Remove temporal imperfections (mosquitoe bites, pimples, some hair)
- Skin tanning
- Lips colouring
- Wrinkle softening
- Light & Shadows
- Colour grading
- Sharp enhancement
- Framing and perspective
- Exposition and Temperature Homogenization
- Until what point do you edit the photos?
This is a very good question. We do not alter the essence of the photo nor do we add/take out people who are in the foreground. Depending on the scene (and the photo itself), we may take undesirable people/objects in the background out. We won't add people in any photo.
- Do you place a watermark in the photos?
Downloaded photos (the ones you will have on your computer) won't have any kind of watermark. Photographs shown in our portal will have a watermark, once you download them, the mark will be gone.
- For how long do the photos stay in the portal?
We do not have a specific time, it's around six months (give or take).
- I like one photo, as a print or high-resolution download, what should I do?
If you want to get one of the photos in a different format other than digital mid-resolution, the portal has the option to buy it.
- What payment methods do you accept?
The portal accepts credit/debit cards only.